I should try to be an extrovert! I should talk less. Work out more. Less movies. Relax!
We tell ourselves so many things. Nothing wrong. But the danger is in over-monitoring yourself, says an article I read the other day.
I don’t want to tell you whether to monitor yourselves or not. No preaching. Just want to list few things I want to cut out in my life.
I don’t want to cut out things I enjoy doing. Absolutely not. I don’t want to cut out things that are good for me, make me healthy, smart or a better person. What I want to cut out is the crap!
- No boring meetings. If it is boring then mostly you don’t care about it.
- Do not go on a trip to a place you have already been to and not particularly keen on seeing again. Sometimes we do that to please others. The time I get to travel is precious. Cannot waste it.
- Do not go to a party that you probably will probably not enjoy. If drinking until you puke is not your idea of partying, then don’t go to a party where that is the theme!
- Do not switch on TV to check whats on. Switch it on when you know what you want to watch.
- Not a big fan of fries, but ate it yesterday because it came with the entree! If you love the taste but its not healthy, I can still see value in it. If it is healthy but not tasty, I can understand why you are eating it. But if you are not particularly fond of it and it is not healthy – then run away from it! Sounds obvious, but think of what all you ate in the past week.
- Do not check Facebook impulsively. or Whatsap!
- No time for regret. This is the worst way to spend time!